DKA were appointed by Mendip Primary Care Group in 2002 to provide architectural design support for the proposed PFI procurement of 2 new community hospitals at Glastonbury and Frome. West Mendip Hospital in Glastonbury was completed through this PFI process in February 2005. However Frome did not proceed at the time due to site purchase delays and was subsequently procured through NHS ProCure 21 with DKA as architects to Laing O’Rourke.
Our services on the West Mendip project included:
- Advice in selection of shortlist
- Review of output specifications generated by Trust
- Technical input into and co-ordination of Trust Construction Requirements
- Evaluation of tenders
- Assessment of reviewable design data during design and construction period
- Monitoring of building construction